This post may contain affiliate links, please read the privacy information post here.
Crafting Makes me Happy!
I have always wanted to create! When the internet exploded and you were able to start searching for decorating ideas, DIY projects, and videos to help you achieve those looks I was convinced I could do “all the things.”
It didn’t take long for me to have a few collections of “want to makes” lists. I’d print them out, doodle on notepads, and pin all over my Pinterest page!
My craft supply collection started to grow- so many different and exciting products to try! Paints, stains, glues, thread, nails, markers, patterns, wood, fabric….and on and on and on! Thank goodness for waterproof totes, haha, my basement was full!
…and then came my Cricut! OMGOODNESS, a whole new way to create, craft, design and decorate! I was hooked! I started searching the internet for tutorials, groups, how-to blogs, really anything that would help me learn “all the things”‘ and make it so I could tackle learning this new machine and make beautiful products!
Below is a list of a few of the sites, and a couple of my favorite products, I’ve gathered over the years. I hope it helps you find something you love.
Personal Use vs Commercial Use
Be aware of what you are downloading. If you are planning to make the item for yourself, or to give to your friends/family, then a Free design, or font, that says for Personal Use Only is fine to use. If you are planning to sell your finished item then you will need to find Free designs that say for Commercial Use– most designers have a cap on how many items can be produced from their designs, be sure to look over the information they provide. If that information is not listed I recommend you reach out to that designer, it’s much easier to reach out than have all your hard work be reported and cause you to have a shop taken down or worse.
~please, don’t steal! Designers work very hard to create their designs. It’s not fair to trace it, or share a file you have purchased; with someone else. Just think how you would feel after you complete a project and someone walks by and just steals it without paying, it’s the same feeling for designers. Support each other, it’s the right thing to do. ❤
A Few of My Favorites Products
- Cutting Machine- I have a Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cutting Mat- Nicapa Standard Grip cutting mat, I absolutely love these mats! You don’t have to “prep” them so they aren’t too sticky like you do with Cricut mats.
- Replacement blades for your Cricut Explore Air 2. There is a lot of misinformation out there on which replacement blades fit the Air 2, these fit and they work great!
- Heat Transfer Vinyl- I love Siser Easyweed, it is super easy to weed!
- Adhesive Vinyl- I like Oracal 651, it is a permanent adhesive vinyl- great for car decals. You would want to use Oracal 631 if you wanted to use it on your walls, it is removable.
- Adhesive vinyl I have recently fallen in love with is StarCraft HD Matte Permanent vinyl, this stuff cuts so good and looks beautiful on my acrylic pieces!
- Heat Press- I have the Fancierstudio 15 x 15 heat press and I love it! It is the clam shell design and works great.
A Few of My Favorite Websites
- Design Bundles– Great website with lots of Free SVG files! The website is simple to use with a great resource guide.
- Font Bundles– Great website with lots of Free Fonts! This is my go to site if I’m looking for fonts with commercial use!
- Creative Fabrica-Great website with Freebies! Sign up for their Daily Gift email and have Free commercial goodies in your inbox everyday!
- Dafont -This is a great site for Free Fonts, just be aware most of these fonts are Free for Personal use only! Read the description on each.
- The Hungry JPEG-Great website for Freebies and fantastic sales!
- Craft House SVG-Freebies and Fantastic Bundle Prices! *use the coupon code TRACYMRDC at checkout you save 10%!
- So Fontsy-New Freebies every Friday
- SVG & Font Market-Freebies and Fantastic $1.00 Dash Deals every Fri-Sun
- My Designs in The Choas -Fantastic Free SVG files! I promise you will love Michelle’s designs!
- Lovesvg-The have Tons of Free Personal Use SVGs with the option to purchase a commercial license.
- Main Road Digital Creations -Of course I have to include MY website!🥰
Are you a font hoarder? I mean a font lover? haha Do you wish you could see all the fonts you have installed on your computer at once? You can! Check out the video below! Wordmark.it is amazing!!
*make sure after you download a font you unzip the folder and then right click and choose “install for all users” or your fonts will not show up.
Wordmark.it works better from me on Google Chrome.
January 1, 2021
Important Wordmark.it Update-
➡ If you have tried to use the Wordmark.it website and it wasn’t working because of the flash player option that is now gone, you can open the site in Google Chrome and install the browser extension. You will see it on the top right of your screen after you go to the website, install that and the fonts that you have installed on your computer will all be displayed in Wordmark.it. Be sure you are using a browser that is supported!! GOOGLE CHROME works best for me!
The lists above are a few of the sites I have bookmarked and visit often. I trust them with downloads to my computer and they have been available to answer questions if I needed help.
The websites I have linked products to I have physically purchased from and trust them with my business.
My goal is to continue adding to this page and updating it often!
If you are looking for tutorials on how to use your new Cricut I have added a few to my website, you can find them here- Tutorials
SVG Files, Crafting, Learning and Fun With Main Road Digital Creations
See ya over there!
Visit My Design Bundle Shop
Visit My Etsy Shop